Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to Reality


My lovely view all weekend... 

I'm back upstairs!  Hooray!  
I'm just going to go ahead and get it out there...Emma has been sick with Swine Flu!!!!!  It has been completely awful!!!!  

On Friday, Mark took her in to the doctor and they confirmed it with a nasal swab!  You can imagine the panic we felt...especially with a 3 month old baby in the house.  I checked Max's temp and sure enough her had a temp. of 100.9.  I called the doctor and he said to bring him in!  Ugh!!!  In the meantime, Emma was acting worse...croupy cough, fever, wouldn't eat or drink...just pathetic!  We brought them both in at 3:30.  I wanted Emma seen again.  She was so sick.

Thankfully, Max tested negative for it but ended up just having a virus...confirmed by a blood test.  We were so relieved! Emma ended up on Tamiflu.


The doctor recommended for me and Max to leave the house...we settled for the finished basement.  So, we have been in isolation since Friday night...finally, came up today for the first time.


Allie was sick earlier in the week with all of Emma's symptoms but they didn't test her for the flu!!!!  I'm almost positive that's what she had!  She spent the weekend upstairs.  Mark and I both had the same symptoms but they were milder.  I'm willing to bet we've all had it...except Max.  We are praying that he doesn't get it.

Mark took care of Emma all weekend and did a great job!  I'm so thankful she is doing better.



No comments: