Friday, October 15, 2010

What a Find!

 
I still can't believe I discovered this Dortch Baking Co. cookie jar in the Home Front USA exhibit inside the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola!  If you are related to me, you know what a find this is!  My great grandfather and grandfather (along with his brothers) started this baking company.  They had three locations:  Atlanta, Birmingham and Jackson. 
It was filled with old animal crackers from Sam's!  
This is exactly where I found it.  It would have sat on a store counter just like this one years ago!  The little old lady that was working in this part of the museum was so thrilled that someone was taking an interest in this!  I explained to her that this was my family's company...and I really wanted to bring it home with me!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You have got to findsome of those jars!!!
I had no idea that your family had a cookie company. I'm going to keep my eye out for one.