Thursday, June 12, 2008

Allie's Dancing Era

For the past 5 years, Allie has always been involved in some sort of dance class: ballet, tap, jazz, tumbling, and gymnastics. Now that she's almost 8 years old, she's decided she has had enough of all of that and wants to take a break. It makes me a little sad, I have to admit! I really enjoy all of the costumes, recitals and parent watch days. Today is registration for the upcoming year and I asked her yesterday if she wanted to take any classes and she replied "I'm thinking about it..." but never mentioned another word. If you know Allie, you know that she doesn't forget about anything and will talk about whatever it is until it happens! So, I guess we are done. She's old enough to choose her activities now! Just think...one more year and then Emma will be dancing!3 year old Pre-Ballet classFirst Recital CostumeHanging out with one of her best friends from preschoolThis was taken after her last recital.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

aaaawwwwww! That makes me a little sad too! :(
But she sure seems to enjoy swim team!

Kristin Puckett (Collins) said...

The pictures of Allie are so sweet! Emma could do Dance Imagination next Fall. http://www.danceimagination.com Grace loved Dance Imagination. They would dance for a little while, then read a story, then they would dress up in costumes like the characters and dance around. Grace had a Cinderella party there last year, and she asked if she could do it again. It is very cute! They don't learn much, but the have BIG fun, and there is a recital and trophy. : )