First of all, I have to admit that I really don't love to cook. But, since I have discovered Paula Deen's recipe books, my attitude has changed! I love, love, love her! Being a southern girl, I can totally relate to her cooking. I have tried many of her recipes and often refer to her cookbooks when planning my weekly meals. The woman is a genius. While on a girls' trip to Savannah several years ago, we had lunch at her restaurant, The Lady & Sons. She actually sat down at our table and carried on a conversation with us.
After dinner (which consisted of her macaroni & cheese along with Mark's famous burgers), I tried her blueberry muffin recipe. They turned out sooooo good! It was so easy!This took no time at all! While Mark was getting the kids ready for bed, I whipped these up.
The best part was the fresh blueberries! You can never go wrong there.
Can't wait to eat these in the morning. On a side note...Susan and Kristin, you might recognize this green platter. I bought it with y'all the night we went shopping at Rich's for Stacey's bridal shower gift. LOL!!!!!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Paula Deen Fanatic!
Labels:
Around the House,
recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny. I remember you buying that plate and how much you said you loved that green color. Are all her recipes pretty easy? I hate to cook, but I love her stuff. I hate those cook books that call for recipes with weird or uncommon ingredients you never use.
I must have been drunk that night, because I remember nothing! I agree with Susan though about the ingredients needed for recipes in cook books. I love reading them, but cracking them open when I am about to cook is very rare. Maybe Christmas.
Post a Comment