After a trip to Whole Foods and a purchase of a dozen lemons, I decided it would be fun to make fresh-squeezed lemonade with the girls. Allie called my mom and got her special recipe over the phone and ended up taking over the project. She was really worried about getting all of the seeds out...she thought that if she swallowed one, a lemon would grow in her stomach!
Getting ready to begin! I love the smell of lemons! My house still smells like them.
After the water boiled and the sugar was added, Allie said she had to roll the lemons...just like Nana said.
Now, it was time to put the lemons in the juicer. This was her favorite part!
After the lemons were squeezed and the juice put into the pitcher with the sugar, we added cold water.
Emma helped out by stirring it up. She enjoyed this so much!She loves to be in the middle of every activity. In fact, she cried when I had to put the lemonade in the fridge. She kept asking to stir it all day long.
The finished product...it was actually pretty good!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade!
Labels:
The Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What fun!
I cheated the other day for a get-together and made Country Time. But then I squeezed a half of a lemon in it and then put a few slices in it. Everyone thought it was homemade.
You are Super Mom!
Sure that is homemade. :)I have made homemade before, at Chick-Fil-a
Post a Comment