Friday afternoon, Mark and I took the girls to the North Georgia State Fair! I've been coming here ever since I was a little girl and this year did not disappoint! The weather was absolutely beautiful...the funnel cakes and apple cobbler were yummy...the fresh-squeezed lemonade was delicious...the pony rides were fun...lots of prizes were won from the silly games...the people were entertaining...you name it! Allie was over the little rides this year :( and Emma was too scared to hop on them. It was a great afternoon and we created lots of fun memories!
We did not ride this! The last time I was on it (in college), I went behind it and threw up...lol. Cheryl was with me when this happened! I was sick the rest of the night!
This EXACT ride has been around since I was a little girl! We stopped here first hoping Emma would want to get on...no such luck. Allie had to ride all by herself and was so embarrassed! She thought she was way too old for it...lol!
It didn't take long to rack up a few stuffed animals and a snow cone. By the time the evening was over, we spent over $100 on food, tickets and games!
Emma sure did enjoy watching Allie on the rides. Maybe next year she will be old enough to enjoy them herself.
Dumbo is always a hit...
Allie enjoyed the balloon popping game. She won a stuffed animal on the first try!
We even got up close and personal with a horse! He was so friendly.
Hanging out with the Mayfield Dairy cow!!!
Emma's favorite game...grabbing the rubber ducks! I remember playing this when I was little.
Allie was so brave to ride this boat all by herself!!! She rode it twice!
The girls were so amazed that this silly robot new their names and could talk to them. It was so nice of him to pose for a picture!
Of course, the fair would not be complete without a pony ride!
This was Emma's first time on a pony. She was a little hesitant at first, but ended up really enjoying it!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Too Much Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had forgotten all about that!!!
Did you see anybody doing "the tootsie roll?" lol!!!
I love the pic with Mark and the girls and the horse. Emma is keeping her eye on that horse!!
Glad y'all had so much fun!
I wish we could have gone. It is so much fun!
Hey Amy -- Love your wallpaper on your blog. I have the same one on ours....Thougth we might play yall again in tennis this season but guess not. Hope all is well.
Noel
Hey Amy! I came across your blog from Susan's. I don't know if you remember me.. I think you had graduated before I joined the sorority. Anyway - I love your blog!!!
Mary D.
www.maryleadickenson.blogspot.com
Post a Comment