Thursday, February 26, 2009

Guess What I Did at 1 AM?

I ordered 4 more of these silly mugs from Target for $19.99. See Tuesday's post before reading...

Let me explain...Emma has been sick the last two days with some sort of viral infection and fever. Well, Emma SICK=NO SLEEP! She woke up this morning at 12:30 (after waking up yesterday morning at 2:45 and only taking an hour nap) screaming hysterically...and I mean it was the worst fit EVER! Mark and I both got up and tried to get her to stop...nothing worked. We ended up bringing her downstairs still crying hysterically. I was going crazy trying to come up with something to settle her down with. I ended up pulling out the dreaded PERMANENT markers...her favorite. They were hidden in the cabinet above my computer which was next to my all time favorite PINK MUG. While getting the markers out, a book feel out of the cabinet and caused my pink mug to land on the floor in a million pieces. I wanted to cry hysterically, too. She stopped crying and really enjoyed the markers at 1 am and I consoled myself by ordering 4 more mugs.

She ended up going back to sleep at 5 am and then slept until 10! Do not laugh at this post...I am sleep deprived. By the way, all morning long she has been asking me where those stupid markers are!

4 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

oh no! Poor little Emma and poor pink mug. I hope she gets better and you get some sleep. I know it is hard to function with no sleep especially when you are pregnant

Cheryl said...

poor baby and poor mommy!
A little retail therapy always helps!

Anonymous said...

I hope Emma is feeling better. I haven't blogged lately, but Russ ended up at the ER on Sun. with Strep throat AGAIN! Those mugs are cute!

angism said...

Hope you get sleep soon! Hopefully all will feel better this weekend:)