Today, for Allie's birthday, we enjoyed visiting the Georgia Aquarium. We arrived at 9:00 am and pretty much had the place to ourselves for about an hour! We've been before, but this was the first time Emma actually seemed to enjoy and understand what she was looking at. It was a fun day...we brought cousin Matt along and really enjoyed being able to get so close to all the animals.
I guess you could say that we have been celebrating Allie's birthday all week...American Girl on Sunday, Aquarium today, and the friend slumber party tomorrow night. ...Let's just say that I've already started planning my birthday weekend with JUST Mark.The birthday girl...loving being 8!
Matt and Allie taking it all in...
The kids loved this playground...very fun!
Inside the tunnel...checking out the fish
This part of the aquarium is pretty neat...fish swimming above your head and all...
Emma and Allie taking a little break...notice that it's not very crowded yet...
Check out this huge whale shark and grouper!!!
This ray looks like he's trying to tell me something.
Got the 3-D glasses on...ready to see the Deepo movie
Posing with Deepo...notice Emma is no where to be found...too scared!
Headed to the gift shop, of course!
Three hours later, we are headed back to the burbs!
Gotta go get ready for the next event!

Thursday, July 31, 2008
The Party Continues at the Georgia Aquarium
Labels:
birthday,
Family,
Out and About
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks so neat. We haven't been yet. I was waiting until Jake got a little older. I loved having those birthday slumber parties when I was growing up.
We just visited the aquarium about amonth ago. loved it!!
What is it about summer birthdays? Dougie gets to celebrate his for like 2 weeks!!! Have fun tomorrow night.
Post a Comment